Hades continued its unstoppable awards-sweeping run after being awarded Recreation of the 12 months at this 12 months’s Recreation Builders Alternative Awards (GDCA).
Coinciding with this 12 months’s all-digital Recreation Builders Convention (GDC), the awards had been additionally an internet affair streamed by way of Twitch on July 21.
Apart from taking the highest prize, Hades additionally received awards in Finest Audio and Finest Design. This additional provides to Supergiant Games‘ mantelpiece. The roguelike has already snapped up the very best honours on the D.I.C.E. Awards, the SWSX Gaming Awards, the BAFTA Game Awards, and the inaugural Gayming Awards.
The remainder of the awards had been extra evenly unfold. Nevertheless, Ghost Of Tsushima additionally bagged a number of awards, successful for Finest Visible Design and the Viewers Award, the latter voted by the general public.
Whereas AAA video games took residence lots of the different honours, together with The Last Of Us Part II for Finest Narrative, Half-Life: Alyx for Finest VR/AR Recreation, and Genshin Impact for Finest Cellular Recreation, indie horror sport Phasmophobia managed to take the prize for Finest Debut.
Particular awards had been additionally reserved for people. Tom Fulp picked up the Pioneer Awards in recognition of his position because the founding father of leisure website Newgrounds and his position within the evolution of Flash video games.
In the meantime, the Lifetime Achievement Award was given to sport designer Laralyn McWilliams to recognise her 28 years in sport growth, together with her design for the real-time squad-based ways sport Full Spectrum Warrior.
The complete listing of GDCA winners had been as follows:
- Finest Debut: Phasmophobia (Kinetic Video games)
- Finest Design: Hades (Supergiant Video games)
- Finest Cellular Recreation: Genshin Impression (miHoYo)
- Innovation Award: Goals (Media Molecule / Sony Interactive Leisure)
- Finest Narrative: The Final of Us Half II (Naughty Canine / Sony Interactive Leisure)
- Finest Know-how: Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio / Xbox Recreation Studios)
- Finest Visible Artwork: Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Productions / Sony Interactive Leisure)
- Finest VR/AR Recreation: Half-Life: Alyx (Valve)
- Viewers Award: Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Productions / Sony Interactive Leisure)
- Recreation of the 12 months: Hades (Supergiant Video games)
- Pioneer Award: Tom Fulp
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Laralyn McWilliams
Elsewhere, former Blizzard president Mike Morhaime has responded to the allegations made against Activision Blizzard with a letter on Twitter, telling the neighborhood, “I am extremely sorry that I failed you”.